5/14/2013

extractable reeds, yes they are!!!

How naive I have been. An instrument constructed in a genius way, with reeds that were not reachable? I thought it was the case. How wrong I was! Really.
This is such an interesting story. I bought a dust covered instrument for 80 Euro, just because my greatest musical inspiration "Neil Young" uses it in quite some of his songs.
As a guitar player, I didn't have the "keyboard" connection before but I was so fascinated by Neil's passion for this old instrument.




But I'm very interested in history, you know. Things that got lost, since interest has been refocused to technological evolution. I've been into 1900-1945 piston engine aircraft, am a Royal Enfield motorcycle driver and am fond of the English pride about there heritage. Old Warden is one of my favourite places I have visited twice, and want to visit a couple of times more.

Back to the organ.

Let me show the elephant and mouse :

Big Elephant and small Mouse (both ends of the keyboard) extracted with a 5 cent Euro coin

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten